Sunday 10 April 2011

What do I want from my prac teaching

The Masters in teaching  goes for two years and I only get 60 days in the classroom so it is very important that I know exactly what teaching strategies I want to learn from each of my prac teaching schools.
I feel the most important teaching strategies are the classroom management techniques. To be able to teach a class effectively and efficiently I need to observe and learn what classroom management techniques work. Therefore, for my first prac I have been placed in a school where the students are faced with a range of issues that affect their behaviour, physically and mentally. Most of the teachers at the school have been teaching for many years. My teacher has been teaching for over 30 years, with the last 10 years at the present school. It is very important to get it right using effective and efficient classroom management tecqnics. I have been moving around different classes and observing different methods of classroom management.
However, this school is lacking in technological resources and for my second prac I would like to focus on technoligy in the classroom. I have been collecting a list of resources that would be useful when I start teaching and one of the most prominent resoures that keep coming up on my list is technology resources. Students are very interested in technology and using technology everyday so I need to capture their motivation to enable the students to learn effectively and efficiently.
Unfortunately, I have been burrying my head in the sand when it comes to technology but this course has made me open my eyes and learn. Creating twitter, followers, reflecting on a blog page, using the smart board as a resource has helped throw me into a steep learning curve and that is what I am going to do at my next prac school.

No comments:

Post a Comment